I know it’s a bit late, but I wanted to do a revised version of my playlist for the new year!
If you recall from my last playlist post, I don’t really go about listening to music like other, arguably “normal” people. I hear songs that I enjoy somewhere, usually on the radio, and then proceed to put them into a giant playlist on my youtube. There they will get repeated and played over and over again, and usually will stay in the lineup for years, until eventually they wear out on me and I dump them in favor of something new.
So, without further ado, here are the songs currently in the playlist!
- Come What May, the Glee cover (Klaine!) of the song from Moulin Rouge.
- Oh Death, by Jen Titus, which I heard on Supernatural.
- Your Touch by Blake Lewis
- Stay the Night, by Zedd and Hayley Williams
- My Blood by Ellie Goulding
- Waiting for Superman by Daughtry
- Starts With One by Shiny Toy Guns
- Timber by Pitbull and Kesha
- Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson
- Pompeii by Bastille
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Spectrum by Florence + the Machine
- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus (I considered omitting it, but this is full-disclosure here… Don’t make fun of me!!)
- Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey
- Extraordinary by Liz Phair
- Cough Syrup, the Glee version sung by adorable hunk Darren Criss. ❤
- Clarity by Zedd and Foxes
- Say Something by Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World
- Never Let Me Go by Florence + the Machine
- Titanium by David Guetta
- Lamb by Gorecki (I think? Or the title and artist are switched… It’s another Moulin Rouge song.)
- What the Water Gave Me by Florence + the Machine
- Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris and Florence!
- Cosmic Love by Florence + the Machine
- Counting Stars by One Republic
- Rabbit Heart by Florence + the Machine
I have to say the two favorites (at present) are definitely Pompeii and Rabbit Heart. I just want to listen to them all the time! Plus, they both remind me of various parts of my stories, and make me want to write–a feeling I always have to harness whenever it comes about.
A lot of returning contenders from last year’s lineup, but actually I did a lot of purging (for me) this year–so the turnover is actually pretty big. So many lovely new songs to binge-watch until I’m sick of them. ❤ And as you can see, I am a large fan of Florence! Usually when people ask me what my favorite band/artist is, I just say her, because she’s the only person whose music I listen to on a consistent basis, because she’s the one singing it. You know? Normally I don’t operate like that, but that woman is a gorgeous amazon, and she has a great voice. 🙂
What about you guys? Any songs that you have to listen to when you’re writing, or that jazz you up? New songs that you consider soundtracks for your work? Let me know! =D
And that’s my current favorite music video. Not sure why, just think it’s rather elegant. Anyway, ciao!